Thursday, October 22, 2015

Poor Is No Excuse!


Poor Is No Excuse!

Nate Fortner

 


Slow down and take a break. You work way too hard and too much. Enjoy yourself a little bit. I personally hate being told to slow down because it infuriates me when the people closest to me don’t understand my drive. Growing up poor, I know what it’s like to not have enough money. I remember as a kid, the only time we went out for French fries or ice cream was on Wednesday nights after church because it was free for Kids Club members. Without even telling you the name of the next restaurant, we ate at the Captain’s house every Thursday evening because kids ate free. I now hate seafood. I can’t stand the smell of fish! I want to hurl when I smell the scent of dead fish!

Growing up poor has played such a major roll in my life to push for success. I want success in my life. I want success in my life, my family, my business, my church, and every aspect of my life. I’ve been told by countless people that they admire my ambition, and go-getter attitude, but tell me I need to slow down because I make people nervous. I’m committed to success, and I’ll never stop reaching for my goals! I’m so committed to success that my blood platelets fight and push the others out of the way racing to keep me pumping at full speed. When I bleed, my blood screams winner!

I refuse to slow down or give up on my dreams! I will never stop or give up on myself. I will stay focused and committed to my success! Growing up, we were so poor that I still have the taste of Ketchup in my mouth from all the ketchup sandwiches we would eat. I know what poor looks like, but my parents struggled to make life the best it could be for me and my sister. We grew up with great parents who loved us.

Want to understand my drive? None of us are promised tomorrow. Today is all we’ve got, so we need to make today count! Today is the day the Lord has made, and we better make it count! Success isn’t free. Success isn’t given. Success isn’t even earned. It’s made! Focus and get committed to success!

You need to have a force pushing you and driving you to achieve success. Stop crying and blaming others for why you’re a loser in business. Wake up with a mindset to win and do whatever it takes!
 
Nate Fortner Author of "Book Marketing in the 21st Century"
Whosoever Press
P.O. Box 1513
Boaz, AL. 35957
256-706-3315
Nate@WhosoeverPress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment