Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Broken Trap Called God


The Broken Trap Called God

Nate Fortner

 

If God desires for us to be successful, then it will happen, Amen? Wrong! I do believe that God does want us to live meaningful success-filled lives, but I believe He expects us to work for our victories. I could point you to countless stories in Bible where God said, “Go!” I recall in the book of Genesis where God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden. What did He tell them? “Go!” Go and till the land, work hard and sweat. A little further in Genesis, we read the account of Noah and the Ark. God told Noah that the rain was coming, and he needed to build a boat. God gave Noah an instruction. In the New Testament, Jesus told Naaman to go dip seven times in Jordan before he could receive healing. At the end of The Gospels, Jesus gives His disciples another instruction. As He’s ascending into the clouds, He says, “GO!”

This is the broken mindset that has hit many Americans today, and especially lazy Christians! Before you start bashing me for calling you a lazy Christian, I used to be one, but then, I woke up and realized that God didn’t call me to be lazy. He called me to be successful in all that I set my mind to achieve. He called me to be different. He didn’t create me, call me, and train me just to fit in with the crowd. Oh, wait a minute. Isn’t that what He’s called all Christians to do, be different? The point is, so many people, Christians or not, are blaming God for their laziness!

Laziness is a sin by the way. Thinking that God is going to magically turn everything we touch into gold is a trap. God expects you to work hard to attain success in your life. Don’t fall prey to this broken trap mindset. The broken trap really isn’t broken. The trap is set, the spring is loaded, and you will get caught if you don’t get your head in the game! The broken trap is more of a mindset than anything. Don’t think that God’s just going to hand success over to you. Yes, you better be praying and asking for wisdom to make wise decisions for your business. If you fail in your business, your family will pay the price for your laziness. Get out of this trap, and stop blaming Jesus! Success Isn’t Free! Success Isn’t Given! Success Isn’t even Earned! It’s Made!

 


Buy the books mentioned above for more great content by Nate Fortner

Whosoever Press
P.O. Box 1513
Boaz, AL. 35957
Nate@WhosoeverPress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment