Tuesday, October 13, 2015

How Do I Get More Publicity?

HOW DO I GET MORE PUBLICITY?

 
 
This is a question we all want answered to some degree. Publicity isn't easy to attract, especially when you have a message you need the world to know. It seems that we fight to get in front of people who can help us, but then when we do get in front of them, they don't commit to helping us become successful. Why is that? It's not their job to help us out. It's their job to report the news! We must be newsworthy if we expect to gain media attention. What is it that you are doing to gain attention? What are you doing daily that the world needs to know about? How are you contributing and making a difference in your local community, and then will that even be enough to get you noticed? The secret to getting mass media attention is to either commit murder in a massive way, or run down the street naked. On the other hand, you could always take advice from Miley and ride in naked on a wrecking ball. The point is, you must be doing something that people remember about you.
 
I started writing my first book when I was just a teenager. I stated collecting all the information I could that I thought was cool about the Bible. I still have all those files, but I have yet to publish them. However, I have written and published multiple books to date. My most popular book, "Teaching Christians To Pray the Bible Way" landed me some big attention when I announced its release. I was the talk of the town for a little while. As weird as it was, I learned real quick who my friends were, and who just wanted to suck the life out of me. I had haters show up at my house telling my I sucked as a writer, and I should invest in writing a real book. I had enemies coming out of the woodwork. I couldn't believe how badly I was being treated, but I kept pushing forward. I learned a lesson bringing my first book into the world. Not everyone is going to like you! I did have many people who enjoyed my writing, and were truly amazed when I announced that I was writing a book. I even went on to write an additional chapter titled, "Praying Songs" and released "Teaching Christians To Pray the Bible Way Revised and Expanded Edition." This books has become a huge success, and sold multiple copies. I was recently on TV in Atlanta, GA with Babbie Mason teaching on the book, and I even sang a couple songs from my first album. I've been written up in dozens of newspapers, and magazines. While you will learn by reading my blog posts, I'm not the best at all when it comes to grammar. I pay an Editor to clean me up, but on my blogs, you get me from the heart. You get to see me in raw form.
 
I want to share a website with you! www.World-Newspapers.com  This website has proven to be such a valuable asset in growing my career. Make it a point to get on this website, and research each newspaper and magazine that you can find to pitch a story. You may have to dig a little on these sites, but you can get some great contact information. The media is always looking for great new stories and people to write about. You just have to give them something worth writing about. When it comes to magazines, I personally like to email them and introduce myself. I attach my Bio, and let them know that I'd love to be considered for an interview in an upcoming issue of their magazine. This has gotten me quite a few free articles in magazines. Free is good! Does this method work? It has for me, and I've got three magazines doing stories on me right now!
 
Make some noise!  Make some money! 
 
 
 
Nate Fortner Author of "Teaching Christians To Pray the Bible Way Revised and Expanded"

 
 
 
P.O. Box 1513
Boaz, AL. 35957
256-706-3315
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment