Sunday, August 5, 2018

Whosoever Press // Book Publishing Companies // What Candy Bars Taught Me about Growing a Business


What Candy Bars Taught Me about Growing a Business

I can still remember all these years later the taste of those $1.00 King Size candy bars we would sell for fundraisers in Middle School. I would sell every bar in my box time after time. During my Middle School years, I realized how quickly I could make some real cash selling treats to my classmates, so I started robbing the cookie jar at home to sell to the kids at school. I was one of the most successful self-made students in our school. Then, what really made my life change was the day I found a store that would sell the king sized candy bars six for a dollar. Of course, you know what I did. I took the money I had earned from selling the cakes I had robbed from the family cookie jar to buy candy bars. I also took out a small loan from my mom. I had an old box left over from our last fundraiser, so it was super easy for me to load it with candy bars. I literally sold hundreds and hundreds of candy bars until my box fell apart.
 Whosoever Press // Book Publishing Companies I learned at an early age that kids would pay good money for candy. The real lesson was, I learned how to sell. Since discovering my ability to make money, I have never stopped chasing the dollar. To stay afloat in any business, you have to produce a profit and sell tons of product. I remember when a kid would tell me they only had $1.75, but they really wanted two candy bars, I’d let them have a little credit. The next time, they’d owe me $1.25. The thing that I thought was funny though, was I making six times my money back selling candy bars. I could afford to lose a quarter every now and then if they didn’t pay me back. It came up once or twice that a student wouldn’t have the extra quarter or 50 cent, and I would tell them that I would cover them since they had purchased so many from me at regular price. They loved it, and I was still making killer profit.

Nate Fortner, author of "Success Requires Action"

Buy the book here

Need marketing material printed to promote your business? Visit http://WhosoeverPrinting.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment