Friday, November 27, 2015

Too Busy Not To Use Social Media - Publishing Companies in Alabama


Too Busy Not To Use Social Media
Nate Fortner

 

As a business owner, I understand we are busy all day engaging with others, working on contracts, and promoting current products. “33% of small-business owners reported working more than 50 hours per week, while an additional 25% said they work more than 60 hours a week,” according to a poll of readers of the New York Enterprise Report. April 13, 2016.

In an article written by Ted O’ Calahan on Inc.com, Ted notes that, According to http://accountingweb.com, “The latest Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index finds that small business owners today work an average of 52 hours per week. The majority, 57% work six days a week and more than 20% work all seven days.”

In an article published by The Washington Post, Jeana McGregor writes in a report released by Gallup, “the average time worked by a full-time employee has ticked up to 46.7 hours per week.” The fact is, we all work crazy hours each week, but are we doing all we can to make every sale possible? Are we satisfied with our current results? Are we too busy to use social media?

Do you use social media to promote your business? Are you tweeting, blogging, or publishing videos on YouTube? If so, awesome! If not, you’re losing money and missing out on the opportunity to become omnipresent. People must know you exist! Don’t leave money on the table.

My Editor called me one day and said,” I’ve just discovered a website that’s going to help us grow the company.” She went on to tell me about a website called http://Tweetdeck.com. She said that we could schedule our company’s tweets on Twitter, and that would definitely free me up about an hour per day. This website made it possible for me to free up approximately 7 hours per week of my time. A few weeks later, she called me excited about yet another website she discovered called http://TweetJukeBox.com. This website really got me excited!

http://Tweetdeck.com was great in the fact that it allowed me to schedule my posts, but if I wanted a post to go out every day, I had to manually schedule it for each day. This took a little time to accomplish, but the site is free to use. On the other hand, http://TweetJukeBox.com comes with a monthly charge, but once you schedule a post, you’re done. I love the fact that Tweet Jukebox allows me to schedule the same post every five hours, whereas Tweetdeck is only once per day.

I’m also uploading a new video constantly on YouTube. Right now, I have my articles, Tweets, Facebook Posts, and YouTube videos all scheduled for the first quarter of next year. Look at all the time I’ve freed up for myself. Come the first of the year, the only thing I’ll have to do is be on the phone, knocking on doors, and banking some serious cash. We’re too bust not to be using social media!

On how many social media sites do you currently have a presence? Check out the link below for a list of social media sites you probably didn’t know existed.
(Click Here for 26 Social Media Sites)

Nate Fortner, Author of "Success Requires Action"                                                         

Other titles by Nate Fortner
“Book Marketing In the 21stCentury,” and How To Be A Successful Writer Overnight.”


Subscribe To Be Notified of New Posts!

Whosoever Press - Publishing Companies in Alabama
P.O. Box 1513
Boaz, AL. 35957
256-706-3315
Nate@WhosoeverPress.com
www.WhosoeverPress.com


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment